Chaos

Scheduled Events using waypoints

How do I schedule an event to happen when a waypoint is reached when I do not know what time I will arrive at that waypoint?

Is it possible to do this?

For example ... I will be away for a week with no internet access when my boat should make a turn round a race mark. (Noronha in the VOR leg 6)

So I want to set a waypoint near the racemark so that when that waypoint is reached the boat will start sailing towards another waypoint.

But I do not know exactly when the boat will arrive so do not understand how to set up the time field in the schedule event window.

Also ... what is the @WPH data entry field?

Appreciate any help understanding how this works.

How do I schedule an event to happen when a waypoint is reached when I do not know what time I will arrive at that waypoint?

For example ... I will be away for a week with no internet access when my boat should make a turn round a race mark. (Noronha in the VOR leg 6)

So I want to set a waypoint near the racemark so that when that waypoint is reached the boat will start sailing towards another waypoint.

But I do not know exactly when the boat will arrive so do not understand how to set up the time field in the schedule event window.

Appreciate any help understanding how this works.

@WPH can be filled with a constant heading to get just before your WP is reached (less than a vacation length) ...

You have to use an Orthodromic pilot in order to get advantage of @WPH (or Best VMG mode, but dangerous near a way point).

I always use orthodromic mode with @WPH near coast or to get a new route after a WP... it is the best way if you are a good sleeper :lool:

The @WPH field indicates the heading the boat will take right after reaching your WP (regardless of the time). A WP is considered "reached" when during one crank, the boat is closer to the WP than the distance between the previous position and the current one.

So, one thing you can do is to fill the @WPH to head to the direction you want, and add an timed entry in the automatic pilot (late enough to avoid issues with the weather ;) ) to fine tune this.

Of course, there is always a risk, but that's the only option.

--spf

@WPH stands for: at WayPoint Heading ;)

@WPH stands for: at WayPoint Heading ;)

Thanks everyone .... I thought the WPH was to do with Hours not Heading. I get it now! ;)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.