Routing tool for VLM

I have started writing a routing software for helping picking the best route on VLM races (it is available in the routing tool section of the forum).

The current wiki and documentation is in french, but the software is all in English, so if there is some interest among English speaking players, we could arrange some translation of the current wiki so that you may also get help to using this tool.

Fair winds

--

SBS

yes SBS that would be good, what would you like me to do? :yess:

I just mainly maintaining the english version of the wiki, I'll translate the 1st post so that you can read it and I'll make sure to post in both languages when making updates.

Maybe we can start with a google translate of the wiki, that you could ajust for the auto generated "poetry" :fiesta:. I don't know if the wiki as support for multilingual pages or if we just duplicate pages with a naming rule for the pages.

--

SBS

The "Routeur" is a boat routing program for VLM. It routes your boat from its current position to a race WP using the optimal route, avoiding any obstacle.

The Wiki contains all indications (in French ritght now, but the english version will come soon) and is there:Routeur documentation

The software setup can be downloaded from here :Routeur setup

You will need Microsoft framework .Net 3.5 SP1 to use this software. Theframework is available from Microsoft there : DotNetFX3.5SP1 Make sure the language is appropriate, before htting download.

The setup has only the base world map. Detailed map can be downloaded here:Detailled Maps

The content of this archive shall be extracted to the gshhs folder of the application

Unzip the routeur.zip archive, in a temporary folder, and start the setup.exe. (you should have downloaded and installed Microsoft's Framework 3.5 SP1 before, this limits usage of the software to Windows XP SP3 and above).

You'll notice that the version number starts with 0 to indicate that this is no commercial grade software. Let me know if you have any bug or trouble, I'll try my best to get the bug fixed and improve the functions as time goes by.

--

SBS

Edited by sbs
ok will do this coming weekend, and it routes around land? wow cool. :yess:

i just got of the rocks on the creac'h race coz i only know how to utilize waypoints :applo3:

p.s I'm Derek

Kewl thanks. Just hop on the new chat, if you need any "live" info, I usually idle there.

--

SBS

• 11 months later...

Undigging the topic to let you know that the routeur has moved a long way since my last post.

We are now at v0.25.2 and have decent routing performance. After running the setup that will bring you to V25.0 download the exe and overwrite the routeur.exe with the V25.2 exe. V25.2 exe is there Routeur V25.2 exe

Below a quick copy of the installation procedure:

The "Routeur" is a boat routing program for VLM. It routes your boat from its current position to a race WP using the optimal route, avoiding any obstacle.

The Wiki contains all indications and is there:Routeur documentation

The software setup can be downloaded from here :Routeur setup

You will need Microsoft framework .Net 4.0 to use this software. Theframework is available from Microsoft there : Framework .Net 4.0 Make sure the language is appropriate, before htting download.

The setup has only the base world map. Detailed map can be downloaded here:Detailled Maps

The content of this archive shall be extracted to the gshhs folder of the application

Unzip the routeur.zip archive, in a temporary folder, and start the setup.exe. (you should have downloaded and installed Microsoft's Framework 4.0 before, this limits usage of the software to Windows XP SP3 and above).