Sign in to follow this  
Ken Nelson

Getting GRIB files via Iridium go

Hi

We are trying to receive GRIB files from saildocs.com to our infiniti-za@myiridiam.net email account. We receive the file however when we try to open it the application says it is damaged. We have increased the incoming message size to allow for the larger message in the configuration.

If we connect over a 3g / 4g network to a gmail account the GRIB file are fine. My assumption is therefore that something in the Iridium mailbox that alters the file.
We are using a newly purchased Iridium Go.

Are you able to assist?

Best regards
Ken Nelson

Hi Ken,

On which platform are you doing all that, Android or iOS?

Iridium Mail & Web normally just sends the file to qtVlm without changing it, so it seems that the file is corrupted before that. What exactly do you request to saildocs? Can you send me the grib file (maitai<at>virtual-winds.org) so I can have a look at what is wrong with it (just forward it to me from IMW if possible).

Regards,

Philippe.

Hi

Got it working. I selected an area that was to small. I did not notice that the longitude in the request were identical in the Iridium Go request.

Great!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.